Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shopping List

As I have spoken to people about this journey, and all the myriad of details to be worked out before I leave in July 2nd, I keep getting reminded that I should ask for this, or that. And a few have said that the best place to put this list is here on this blog. So, here is a list of things I need for my trip. If you have any of these items and no longer need them, I would be very grateful if you gave them to me instead of let them sit unused, and useless, buried in some corner any longer. Thanks so much.


Bike tire patch kit
Bike tire pump
Bike chain breaking tool
26x 1 3/8 road tires
tubes for above tires
bike tire levers
Dry milk
natural peanut butter
oats
first aid kit
spary paint (dark green would be nice :)  )
spray primer
mountain bike handlebars (with brake levers and shifters ideally)
A mini camp stove
A very small dc generator (10-20 amps @12vdc)
Brake and shifter cables
scrap hard drives from computers
LED flashlights
nimh rechargeable AA and C batteries
sun block
insect repellent (Avon Skin-So-Soft anyone?)
Protein powder
Small cooler
solar panel, 10 watt or so...
12v motorcycle battery
Rain riding gear
Tupperware food storage containers
Bubble wrap
And gift cards, to Walmart, Subway, Nashbar

Thanks

2 comments:

  1. Good. :-D

    You still need to post it to Freecycle and Craig's list, too. And it would be fun for readers to see those things you had asked for and already got (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I agree totally. Got the ad up on CL, today the freecycle groups that allow "shopping lists" will get ads too. :)

    ReplyDelete